Harnessing Our Ocean Wealth - An Integrated Marine Plan for Ireland was published by the Government in 2012. The Plan is an initiative of the Inter-Departmental Marine Coordination Group, chaired by Mr. Michael Creed TD., Minister for Agriculture, Food and the Marine.
- information and updates on Ireland’s Integrated Marine Plan,
- marine news from across a range of Government Departments and agencies, and
- details of the annual conference and associated events.
Marine Coordination Group
In Ireland, responsibility for marine matters is spread across a number of Government Departments and agencies. In recognition of the need for better coordination and the broad scope of the sector, the Inter-Departmental Marine Coordination Group (MCG) was established in 2009.
The Group meets monthly, bringing together representatives of departments with an involvement in maritime/ marine issues to discuss/coordinate issues that require inter-departmental action. The Group is convened by the Department of the Taoiseach.
- Agriculture, Food and the Marine
- Communications, Climate Action and Environment
- Culture, Heritage, and the Gaeltacht
- Transport, Tourism and Sport
- Housing, Planning, and Local Government
- Business, Enterprise and Innovation
- Public Expenditure and Reform
- Foreign Affiars and Trade
Marine Coordination Group 2018